Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eagle Project Complete





What a journey! We are so proud of Tyson. At the age of 14 he finished his Eagle Project. We are still calculating hours, but he had over 150 man hours on this project. On Friday, February 13th, we went as a family to deliver the quilts, fleece blankets and ER kits. It was a humbling experience. I think that the volunteer coordinator was blown away with how many we delivered. Just this last week Tyson received a lengthy thank you note. They have already used all 75 fleece blankets. What we thought would originally go to the burn unit supplied them, the oncology unit and the cardiac unit. They also have used a few quilts and gave out 30 ER kits to kids whose parents were being treated in the ER. Tyson's response was, "Mom, we should probably make some more." This may turn into our annual Christmas service project. Thanks again Grandpa and Grandma for being with us at this momentous occasion. You are the best Cheerleaders! We will let everyone know when his Court of Honor will take place. Thanks again for all of your donations. They meant the world!

4 Comments:

Anonymous March 5, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Yeah!! Congrats, I know it is a lot of hard work. What a great example. Good job Tyson.

Cheri March 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

what a great project! Can I ask where you delivered your items to?

Grandma and Grandpa Gillespie March 6, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

Tyson, that was an amazing day! I was very shocked at how many blankets you finally ended up with. Way to go! I admire the work you put into such a great project and the time and effort toward your Eagle!

kim and morgan March 8, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

AWesome Tyson! I still can't believe how young you are to have an eagle!!! Congrats to you. What a wonderful project idea. I love you Tyson and hope you had fun at the first church dance last night. :) Wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see your sweet moves. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP