Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyson - The Big "15"





Happy Birthday Tyson, it is such an honor being your parents. Now I don't want you to think that this is going to be a post about how "perfect" our son is. No, we decided a long time ago, before he was born, that we weren't going to be those parents. There are far too many in the world. It is however an adventure raising our son. Monday morning he got up and had breakfast in bed. His favorite, cinnamon rolls. The sad part of the day was that Brynlie had strep so we had to lay low. As you can see, Brynlie knows Tyson best and put a lot of thought into her gift. Yes, it was his favorite, mug rootbeer and an assortment of poptarts. I want you to know that I do make him breakfast every morning before he goes to basketball at 5:45am and he still makes room for a poptart after practice. In honor of Tyson here are the 15 reasons why we love his guts:

1. His smile lights the room
2. He has an amazing work ethic
3. He is Mr. Social - his personality is hard to beat
4. He is his father's son
5. He is the best brother to his little sister
6. He is nurturing of others, especially adoring children in the neighborhood
7. He is very smart and maintains his 4.0
8. He has a very strong sense of family
9. He has a great relationship with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins
10. He is an intricate part of our family
11. He is very protective and loving of his mother
12. He honors his priesthood
13. He is an Eagle Scout (Age 14)
14. He is always thinking of others (The stories I could tell)
15. He is very athletic and works hard

Darn, I had so many more to share! We love this boy and are so thankful that he is in our family! Love you Tyson!

3 Comments:

kim and morgan January 22, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Amen! we love you Tyson. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I second the list that your mom wrote. You are a pretty special guy! I can't believe the next one is the big 16.... WOW! Where has the time gone??? Happy Birthday!

Kristin January 25, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

Happy Birthday Tyson!

Krista January 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

He has a great testimony too...I am so glad he bore it to my kids the other day. What an amazing missionary he will be in 4 years....oh man, you and Jeff are getting old;)j/k

Thanks Tyson for being a great example to the kids in the neighborhood. Happy Birthday!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP