Mission: SS (Surprise Sister) West Virginia
My darling sister Kim turned the big "30" on Friday, November 13th. Back up to two months ago. I was talking to my little sis and we were discussing the fact that she was hitting a big milestone this year. She told me that it was going to be a quiet birthday because my almost doctor brother-in-law, Morgan, was doing his ER rotation in Michigan the whole month of November. I got off the phone and called Sara, my other little sister. We both decided that we just couldn't let her celebrate it alone. Then, we called our Mom who is always up for an adventure and the planning began. When we checked in with my brother-in-law we soon found out that he was planning a surprise of his own. We offered to cancel our plans but he commented that she needed her sisters and mom. So, we put the plan into action. It has been a painful few months keeping it a secret from my sis. Everytime we talked we expressed how much we missed each other and how much the cousins missed each other. On Thursday, November 12th our journey began. We had a layover in Cincinnati and met up with my sister Sara and then we all made the journey in a "puddle jumper" to Colombus, Ohio. When we saw the small aircraft the adults were leary but Brynlie was so excited because she was able to board a plane on the tarmack like in the movies. She quickly found that they are not quite as solid or sturdy as a bigger aircraft and you feel every turn. So our adventure began! Before Morgan came Bryn and Sara were able to get a massage in the chair. Can you believe we fit all of our luggage in Morgan's car. We called it the clown car. It was the trip of a lifetime and I am so thankful to have been blessed with two incredible sisters and an amazing mom! We missed our sister-in-laws Anna and Becky, but we will get them on the next girl's trip!
3 Comments:
Fun for you.. I hate small planes too but if I ever fly to St George then that's what I get. Yuck!! Family time is so fun and important..
OOOOOH! I can't believe you already blogged! I am so behind! FUN TRIP! I loved every minute of it! Thanks for the memories! Love ya!
Sara
I haven't blogged about it either yet. I am still riding on clouds from a wonderful weekend. I don't want to come down yet. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment