Saturday, September 26, 2009

Treasured Time

Tonight my mom and I were able to spend some treasured time together. We went downtown to the Women's Conference. It was wonderful. All of the speakers were fantastic and there is something about being in the conference center sitting next to my amazing mom. Elder Eyring talked about Legacys, those who have gone on before us. I want to take just a moment and talk about my Mom's legacy. I have been blessed with the greatest mom in the world. Brynlie and Tyson would chime in that she is also the greatest Grandma in the world. She is so selfless and is always thinking of others. She is so inspired and quietly goes about performing acts of service. She is a great listener and unfortunately for her she is my sounding board. She is so wise and is never quick to judge, but thoughtfully considers a response or the answer she will give. We joke amongst my siblings that we all think we are her favorite. She has instilled in every single one of us a strong sense of family. She has a wonderful sense of humor. She is my mentor and my cheerleader. She has the ability to make everyone feel like they are the most important person. One part of her legacy is our family. People are shocked when they learn just how close we are as a family. What's even crazier is that we live in many different states and yet we still take care of each other. I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude tonight for her and all that she has sacrificed on my behalf. I only hope that someday I can be half the person/mother she is! I love you mom. Thank you again for the treasured time!

4 Comments:

The Florida Roses September 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

OK rub it in that YOU got to be with mom for the broadcast :) I was wishing I was with you guys! I agree we have one really great mom! Love ya!

kim and morgan September 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

For reals though... I think I am the favorite. :) Amen to all you said. Mom is amazing. Love you sister and wish I could have been broadcastin' it with you too!

Anonymous September 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

What an awesome tribute to your mom. I have to agree she is pretty wonderful. I have some awesome memories of your wonderful family.

Heidi Reid September 28, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Okay Sar and Boo, I will include you in the reservation for dinner after the broadcast next year. Can you make it? Pencil us in. Bec I miss you. I have many wonderful memories of you and your family as well. Especially Coach Summerhays, I mean President Summerhays now!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP