Midnight Drives
When our kids were little we created a fun tradition. At about 9:00pm, right before bedtime on weekends we would go on "midnight drives." What is a midnight drive you ask? Well the midnight part of it was that it was dark and our kids just automatically thought it was midnight. The name stuck. Jeff takes the shell off the back of his truck and puts either a mattress or a bean bag in the back and we lay down and look at the stars while Jeff drives really slow through the neighborhood. We have picked up many friends to come with, but Grandma Gillespie was our special guest this time. It doesn't matter how fast my kids grow-up, this is still a favorite tradition. Grandma made it even more so. Thanks for the amazing memory mom!
4 Comments:
I had a blast with all of you! I have to admit... looking up at the trees as we drove did make me quite dizzy. However, when are we going again?
I'm jealous! When are you going to swing by and pick us up :)
Such a fun idea. Your Mom looks just the same as I remember.
That reminds me of the time I saw Mom get on Morgan's scooter. :) Isn't mom the greatest. I'm with Sara. Can you swing by and grab us too please?
Post a Comment