Our Story
Our hearts are full and our lives are blessed! Excuse us for a second while we take a walk down memory lane. I have been bombarded lately with people asking questions like: "Why do you only have two kids?"; "You guys are so good with kids, why stop at only 2?" So here it goes, I am going to share our story and I will try to keep it brief:
When Jeff and I got married we knew that medically it would be hard for us to have kids. A crazy reality given the fact that we both adore kids! The doctor urged us to start right away. Funny thing, we married quite young. Many drugs, procedures, surgeries, etc. and nothing. On Mother's Day in 1994, my little brother Tyler called from the mission to talk to my Mom. I had cooked a great brunch for my mom and sister-in-law because hey, I wasn't a mom. He asked everyone to get off the phone so he could talk to me. He told me that he had pleaded with the Lord to let me be a mom. This conversation is as vivid as the day we had it. Little did we know that at the time we were pregnant. When I met with our fertility doctor, after I started throwing up and couldn't stop, he told me to thank my Heavenly Father for this miracle, because medically it was impossible that I could have gotten pregnant. Somewhat of the same story for Brynlie. The only change was that my sister was on her mission. We would correspond back and forth and one day she also mentioned that I was in her prayers. She was an awesome missionary and I know that one of the blessings of her mission was Brynlie. Yes, this is the condensed version, but I am so thankful for missionary work and for my brother and sister. We are truly blessed to be Tyson and Brynlie's parents. They bring so much joy into our lives. So, that's our short story and we're sticking to it! I have attached pictures of Tyler and Sara, two of the most incredible parents, and their spouses I know.
8 Comments:
Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful blessing of missionary work! I bet you do that question a lot with living in Utah! But you have a darling family and I am anxiously awaiting a picture of you and your husband on your blog...not that I don't like seeing your brother and sister, but I looked and you are really staying incognito...nothing on facebook and nothing on the blog. Come on I'm sure you've got great family portraits! XOXO
I love your story. thanks for sharing. My parents are on a mission right now and we have received many blessings from them being gone but this is an amazing blessing for you. I also would like to see some photos....
Heidi! You need to come live in Florida...I get the opposite! People can't believe I have 3 and act like I am crazy! They assume we are done (and maybe we are, who knows), but when I say there is a chance for more they act like I am the little old lady who lived in the shoe :) Anyway, you have two beautiful children that are amazing kids. Thank you for always being so loving and supportive. You are THE MOST WONDERFUL MOTHER ever! I love you and am so grateful to have you as a big sis to look up to and learn from! I love ya!
I love your story. Sometimes we have no idea what is really going on in peoples lives and the reasons and circumstances. We have watched this in our family with Jennifer- someone who also loves children and wants them so much but is not able to have her own. (But sometimes the Lord helps us get our families through the blessing of adoption and so we are happy that Jennifer and Nate will soon be parents too! Thankfully the Lord blesses us through our trials- I know that this is so true in my own life! Brynlie and Tyson are wonderful children and I am so glad that you have them! Love you so much!
-Cindi
Thanks for sharing your story. My sister has had the hardest time with infertility. You are a wonderful person and mother. I know that you will be blessed with a million kids in heaven. You and Jeff are wonderful people and I am proud to call you my friends!!
Heidi and Jeff.... you truly are two of the greatest parents I know. I always knew you were great, but am realizing it more and more. I am grateful for how you have raised Tyson and Brynlie and honestly hope to teach my kids by their example. I am grateful for the extra time you take to adore our kids, and I'm deeply touched by how you have rooted that into your kids. One day.... I hope to teach my kids like you two have. It is definetly not quantity..... it's quality! And you have some of the most quality kids around!!!!
Post a Comment