Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School & Court of Honor






After an action packed weekend, a court of honor, father’s blessings, and all of the energy and excitement that come with a new school year. I am pleased to announce that everyone was on time for the first day of school. Sunday night Tyson received 9 merit badges at his Court of Honor and was the only scout in our troop to receive the “Silver Polar Bear” award from Camp Hunt. He got up at 5:00am with Scoutmaster James, went into the freezing water up to his shoulders and recited the scout oath and pledge. Here are the pictures of the morning of the first day of school and Court of Honor. Who gave them permission to grow up? Not me! We measured everyone the morning of and Tyson is now 5’9”, Brynlie is 4’10 ½ ” and this makes Jeff and I feel short.

3 Comments:

kim and morgan September 9, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Tyson, CONGRATS! Is there anything you can't do? I am especially impressed with the waking at 5 AM and jumping into a cold lake to recite the pledge. I think I would have recited the pledge in my sleeping bag. :) And I agree. Tyson does make me feel very short too.

The Florida Roses September 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Congrats on all your merit badges Tyson! You are such a great example to all the cousins!

Cute first day of school picture Bryn...is that young guy your teacher?

Angie September 11, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Tyson way to show everyone what a REAL scout is like. You look like quite the stud on your first day of school.
Brynlie you better look out for all of those 4th grade boys that are going to be chasing you this year :) You are gorgeous!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP